Pace Picante Sauce Recipes
Rita Said:In a recipe, would it be okay to substitute 8 oz of V-8 juice for 8 oz Tomato Sauce in recipe?
We Answered:The consistency is key here, so I would say yes
Jessica Said:Have you ever made up recipes when you're poor?
We Answered:Definitely, in college one day I was broke and hungry and all I had in the house was Apple Jacks and Diet 7-UP. So I poured a bowl of Apple Jacks and used the Diet 7-UP instead of milk.
Sandra Said:How do you make a easy White chicken chili?
Lo fat Chicken Chili Recipe
In our house, its known as Grandma's Chiki Chili, the name given by my grandson.
1. Canola oil: 2 teaspoons
2. Red Onion finely chopped: Â½ cup
3. Minced garlic: 2 cloves
4. Oregano: 1 teaspoon
5. Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
6. Cayenne pepper: 1 teaspoon or to taste
7. Sea Salt to taste.. You may not need to add salt at all
8. Red crushed peppers to taste
9. Chili powder (Spice blend for American Mexican Chili dish): 1 Tablespoon
10. Poached and De-fatted Chicken : 1Â½ Cup Cubed about Â½" to Â¾"
11. Red Kidney beans (15 oz) can: 1 drained
12. Chick peas (15 oz) can: 1 drained
13. Red Bell Peppers: 1 Cored and sliced
14. Tomato Juice: 2 Cups
1. Heat Canola oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add chopped onions, sautÃ© onions till clear.
2. Add Garlic. SautÃ© about 1 minute
3. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
4. Cover. Turn down heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Yield: 6 Cups
Serving Size: 1Â½ Cup
Food group per serving
Chicken Fish: 3 oz
This includes 1Â½oz chicken, and 1Â½oz equivalent from Chickpeas and Red Kidney beans
Vegetable: Â½ cups from tomato juice, bell peppers, onions
Holly Said:Hi. Does anyone know how many chiles to use to make chili if I like it medium spicy?
We Answered:I would use one jalepeno with seeds. Try that, If it's not enough you can always add more. It is better to add little by little because you can always add more to taste, but you can't take it away.
Sonia Said:is pace cunky salsa the same as pace picante sauce?
We Answered:While they have basically the same ingredients, picante sauce is made specifically as a cooking ingredient while salsa is made for dipping and such. The picante is "soupier" and will give a better result in cooked foods, but if all you have is salsa, go ahead and use it. You won't notice much difference in the finished product.