Hilda Said:Does anyone have a recipe for stuffed mackerel?
We Answered:Stuffed mackerels
3 to 4 lbs large mackerels
1 cup olive oil
6 large onions
3 ounces walnuts
1 ounce pine nuts
1 ounce currants
1 bunch of dill
1 bunch of parsley
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 cups fine bread crumbs
1 1/4 cups oil
Clean the mackerel and wash them well. Pressing and stroking with the thumb and index finger from the tail towards the head, slacken the flesh. Break the backbone 1/4 inch above the tail and below the head. Remove the fbone, holding it from the upper part and pulling carefully to the left and right. Hold the fish by the tail and stroking it with the other hand, remove the flesh from the head opening. Chop the flesh with a knife. Repeat with all the mackerel.
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add finely chopped onions and brown them. Add crushed walnuts, pine nuts, cur-rants, spices and the flesh of the fish. Saute for 5 minutes. Add chopped dill and parsley. Mix well and turn the heat off.
Stuff the mackerels tightly with this mixture. Dip them first in flour, then in beaten eggs and finally in bread crumbs.
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the mackerels, 3 or 4 at a time, until they re golden brown on both sides. Drain well. Let cool before serving.
George Said:Any tasty recipes for canned jack mackerel?
We Answered:our family likes it very simple drain the mackeral add one egg and a tube of crackers [per can of mackeral] smashed . mix like meatloaf and pat out into patties fry in small amount of oil and serve hot with ketchup goes very good with a pot of homemade beans and some fried potatoes and salad cornbread or hot biscuits
Jared Said:I need a smoked mackerel recipe for my 20 month old?
We Answered:FISH LOAF
1 can fish or mackeral or fresh
2 or 3 tbsp. salad dressing
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. salt
Mix all together, put in enough crackers to make fish stiff. Put in greased pan and bake until brown.
Deanna Said:Where can I find a recipe for mackerel pate using fresh mackerel?
We Answered:Fresh Mackerel PÃ¢tÃ©
1 1/2 lb (700 g) mackerel, boned and skinned
1 cup (225 g) butter
1 teaspoon each of Salt and ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon each of ground cloves, ground mace or nutmeg, and ground bay leaves
a little fresh lemon juice
Chopped parsley or chives for decoration
1. Check that as many bones as possible really have been removed, then put the mackerel into a large saucepan of cold water with a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lemon juice.
2. Bring to the boil and poach for approximately 10-15 minutes - one large piece of mackerel will take longer than a couple of smaller pieces.
3. Turn off the heat and allow the mackerel to cool in the water for a further 10 minutes.
4. If the skin is still on, you will find it lifts away effortlessly at this point.
5. Put the mackerel in a big bowl, and mash with a fork, or use a food processor.
6. Gently melt the butter in a saucepan and add to it all the other seasonings - the ground bay leaves, white pepper, cloves, mace or nutmeg, and the salt.
7. Stir and pour it into the mackerel. If you are using a food processor, give it a quick whiz, otherwise stir with a fork until it is thoroughly amalgamated.
8. If you want to slice the mackerel, spoon it into a loaf-shaped container lined with cling film.
9. If you want to serve it as a pate, put it into a round souffle dish. Sprinkle with a little parsley or chives for a lovely contrasting colour, and chill for at least 4 hours.
Anna Said:Microwave mackerel recipes?
We Answered:Anna wow first of all thank you for helping that nice guy, and secondly ewwwww liver in the microwave??
put a piece of fresh fish a plate, scatter a little lemonpepper on it and set the microwave on 2min.22sec....push start....when the oven shuts off....let it sit for a minute or two...pull it out, dash it with tarragon and butter and set the microwave on 60 secs...again, leave it in the microwave for a minute or two, pull it out and squeeze some fresh lime or lemon on it....this is a dynamic recipe...and will work on just about any fish that swims except a Monk Fish