Wendy Said:Does anyone know a good recipe that uses guava fruit and raspberries?
We Answered:The Guava Chiffon Baby Shower Cupcake Recipe is below. You can change it up to be birthday cupcakes and put rasberries on top.
Mike Said:Guava Pie Recipe?
We Answered:Guava Pie
What You Need:
2 cans (2 pounds 2 ounces each) of guava shells
4 to 6 tablespoons strained fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon arrowroot combined with 2 tablespoons cold water
Short-crust pastry pie shell, baked and cooled
1 cup chilled heavy cream, stiffly whipped
How To Cook:
1. Drain the liquid from the guava shells in a large sieve or colander set over a bowl then turns the shells out on a double thickness of paper towels and pat them dry with another towel.
2. Pour 1Â½ cups of the guava-shell liquid into a small enameled or stainless-steel saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook briskly until the liquid is reduced to 1cup, then reduce the heat to low and stir in 4 tablespoons of the lime juice. Taste and add up to 2 more tablespoons of lime juice if desired.
3. Give the arrowroot mixture a quick stir to recombine it and pour it into the simmering guava-juice mixture, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens into a light syrupy glaze. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. With a pastry brush, spread a thin coating of the glaze evenly all over the inside surface of the baked pie shell. Place the guavas in the pastry shell, cut side down, overlapping the pieces so that they cover the bottom of the shell completely.
5. Then arrange the remaining guavas in decorative concentric circles on top. Pour the rest of the glaze evenly over the pie, and cool to room temperature.
6. Serve the pie at room temperature, accompanied by a bowl of the un-sweetened whipped cream.
To Make: one 9-inch pie
Claude Said:Where can I find a recipe for Guava Dof?
We Answered:GUAVA DUFF~*
12 medium guavas, peeled
Â½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice, ground
4 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
Peel guavas, cut in half and remove seeds. Dice the fruit and strain to remove juice. Save juice to flavor sauce if desired. Put fruit in saucepan with water to cover; add sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Simmer until fruit is soft. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening. Stir in milk and egg to form a soft dough. Knead until smooth. Roll out like a jelly roll on a floured board. Place Â½ of the guava pieces on the center 1/3 of the dough and fold over 1/3. Place remaining guava on folded dough and fold over the other 1/3 and seal edges carefully. Wrap dough in a cotton or linen bag, or foil, tie the top securely and put into a large pot of boiling water for 1 hour or more if necessary to set Duff. Serve with GUAVA SAUCE
1 cup confectioners sugar
Â¼ cup butter
1 teaspoon boiling water; dash of salt
2 tablespoons brandy or rum, or to taste
Cream butter until soft but not melted. Beat confectioners sugar in gradually. add boiling water, salt and brandy or rum. Beat until smooth and fluffy. Makes 1 cup
Ted Said:I need a recipe for guava jam or jelly,i would like a recipe that is sugar free or all fruit?
We Answered:For successful jams, jellies, and other fruit products, a proper ratio of fruit, pectin, acid, and sugar is needed.
You may need less sugar when using yellow guavas
8 cups guavas, variable in degree of ripeness
8 cups sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
Cut the fruit in half. Place in a pan with a little water and cook until soft.
Strain the fruit, leaving behind the seeds and skins.
Add the sugar and the lemon juice and bring to the boil. Steadily boil until you achieve the setting test for jam.
Bottle and seal.
1 kg guava fruit, varying degrees of ripeness
1/4 cup water
Boil fruit to soften.
Strain through a jelly bag over night.
For every cup of juice add 1 cup of sugar.
Boil vigoriously until jelly gives setting test.
Pack and seal.
Lena Said:GUAVA recipe for juice 10 points best one ?
We Answered:HAWAIIAN LUAU POG PUNCH
Pineapple juice, chilled
Orange juice, chilled
Guava juice, chilled
Ginger ale, optional if wanting
Mix equal parts of each, ginger ale makes the POG a punch. Frozen in ice trays with popsicle sticks makes a great refreshing
Island Girl Drink
1 1/2 ounces vodka
1 dash cranberry juice
4 ounces guava juice
1 dash orange juice
1Add all ingredients to a highball glass, roll, and serve.