Darryl Said:Eggplant Parm and any other Eggplant recipes?
We Answered:Eggplant Parmesan --
3 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.
3.In a 9x13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
4.Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Eggplant Appetizer --
5 eggplants, peeled and cubed
5 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
5 tomatoes, chopped
5 onions, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup water
1.Place the eggplant, bell pepper, tomato, and onion into a large pot. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, salt, oil, vinegar, and water. Pour over the vegetables. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
salt to taste
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 zucchini, sliced
1 large onion, sliced into rings
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 green bell pepper, sliced
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat bottom and sides of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2.Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until lightly browned. Mix in parsley and eggplant. Saute until eggplant is soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
3.Spread eggplant mixture evenly across bottom of prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Spread zucchini in an even layer over top. Lightly salt and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Continue layering in this fashion, with onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and tomatoes, covering each layer with a sprinkling of salt and cheese.
4.Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Eggplant Croquettes --
2 medium eggplants, peeled and cubed
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons dried parsley
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1.Place eggplant in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on medium-high 3 minutes. Turn eggplant over and microwave another 2 minutes. The eggplant should be tender, cook another 2 minutes if the eggplants are not tender. Drain any liquid from the eggplants and mash.
2.Combine cheese, bread crumbs, eggs, parsley, onion, garlic and salt with the mashed eggplant. Mix well.
3.Shape the eggplant mixture into patties. Heat oil in a large skillet. Drop eggplant patties one at a time into skillet. Fry each side of the patties until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes on each side. Patties can be frozen before frying and cooked later.
Dale Said:What are some good eggplant recipes?
We Answered:Here ya go, this is really easy and SO good!!
BROILED RED PEPPER AND EGGPLANT
1 round sm. firm purple eggplant or 4 to 5 Japanese eggplants
1 lg. red bell pepper (in season mid-spring to late fall)
1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
2 tbsp. minced sweet basil
With sharp knife, cut eggplant into very thin sheets. Cut into 2 inch strips lengthwise, if using round eggplant. Seed and cut red pepper into quarters. Prepare baking sheet by lightly spraying with Pam (or use non-stick cookware). Place eggplant and peppers close together on baking sheet and sprinkle with spices. Place in broiler fairly close to flame. Broil until browned and tender. Eggplant will become moist as broiled. This also is good cooked on a barbecue grill. Serves 4 to 5 as side dish or appetizer.
Eva Said:eggplant recipes?
We Answered:LOW CALORIE EGGPLANT
1 tbsp. butter
Lg. can tomatoes
Peel and cut up eggplant; boil about 15 minutes (like squash) or until done; drain. Saute onion in butter. add drained tomatoes, stewing into a sauce like consistency. (Add cubes of cheese if you wish.) Put eggplant into greased casserole; add stewed up tomatoes. Put cheese or buttered crumbs on top and bake 15 to 20 minutes in 350 degree oven.
EGGPLANT PARMEGIANA WITH MEAT
1 lg. eggplant
Jar of spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 lbs. chopped meat
Salt, pepper, and garlic salt
Cook meat to which chopped onion and salt and pepper and garlic salt is added. Drain and put aside. Peel eggplant and slice thin. Barely cover bottom of 9 x 13 inch pan with sauce. Add layer of eggplant, cheese, and meat (it is best to add all meat in this layer); repeat. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. (Takes this long because eggplant is not cooked before hand.)
Can be made low calorie by using skimmed milk cheese, low calorie spaghetti sauce, and substituting turkey for beef.
Lucille Said:Do you know of any good eggplant recipes?
We Answered:Take eggplant, rinse & peel outside off. Slice lengthwise & lay in middle of piece of foil. Add sliced onions, minced garlic & italian seasoning. Add 1/4 stick butter & bake @ 325 til eggplant is fork tender....Yummy!!
Mark Said:Wanting good eggplant recipes. Know of any?
We Answered:Teriyaki Eggplant
6 medium Chinese eggplants (about 1-1/2 pounds)
12 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch lengths
2 tablespoons sesame oil
About 16 to 20 ten-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
6 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup rice wine or sake
2 tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
* Trim the stem ends off the eggplants, halve or quarter lengthwise, depending on thickness, and slice into 2-inch chunks. Thread 2 eggplant pieces and 3 scallion pieces alternately onto each skewer, starting and ending with scallions. Arrange the skewered vegetables on a cookie sheet and brush with the sesame oil.
* Prepare a medium-low fire for grilling, and place the grill 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Arrange the skewered eggplants and scallions on the grill and cook, turning frequently, until well browned. Arrange on a serving platter.
* Meanwhile, combine the Teriyaki Sauce ingredients in a saucepan and heat until boiling. Stir to dissolve the sugar and transfer to a serving bowl.
* Drizzle a little sauce over the skewers, and serve the rest on the side for dipping.
Saucy Chinese Eggplant
2 pounds eggplant, rinsed, trimmed, and cut lengthwise into Â½-inch-thick slices
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sesame oil
1-1/2 cups Chinese Chicken Broth (broth flavored with ginger, scallions and rice wine)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1-1/2 tablespoons rice wine or sake
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar or Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons minced scallions
1-1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1-1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
1-1/2 teaspoons hot chili paste
2 tablespoons minced scallion greens
* Arrange the eggplant slices on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels and sprinkle on both sides with the salt. Let sit for 1 hour.
* Preheat the broiler. Brush off the salt from the eggplant, and brush lightly with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the sesame oil on both sides. Place the eggplant about 3 inches from the heat source and broil for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Turn over and broil for 8 to 10 minutes longer, or until golden on both sides. Let cool slightly, then cut into finger-size pieces about 3 inches long and 1 inch wide.
* Combine the Sauce ingredients and blend well.
* Heat a large flameproof casserole, add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, and heat until hot. Add the Minced Seasonings and stir-fry for about 15 seconds, until fragrant.
* Add the sauce mixture and heat until boiling. Add the eggplant fingers, cover, and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
* Uncover, increase the heat to high, and cook until the sauce is reduced to a glaze. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the minced scallions.