Adrian Said:Bean curd (tofu) recipes?
We Answered:Here's a quick tofu recipe, tofu nuggets:
1 lb firm tofu,drained
1/4 cup sesame oil
2 cloves garlic,crushed
salt and pepper to taste
Cube the tofu into bite size pieces, then marinate it in the remaining ingreidients. Roast on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350* for about 20 min or until golden brown and crisp.
kung pao tofu:
1 batch tofu nuggets
1 yellow onion, sliced thin
1 rib celery, diced
2 carrots, chopped into bite size pieces
2 cloves garlic,crushed
1 inch piece ginger, grated
1-2 teaspoons chile flakes
1/4 cup roasted peanuts
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablespoons sesame oil
First, saute the carrot,onion,celery,garlic,ginger and chile flakes in oil on high heat,until veggies start to soften. Next, mix the soy sauce,vinegar,sugar and starch well. Add liquid mixture to saute and stir well until slightly thick. Finally, add tofu and peanuts and season with salt if necessary. This recipe is nice over jasmine rice.Enjoy..................
Marvin Said:lemon curd recipes,anyone?
We Answered:Lemon curd ice cream
4 egg, yolks only
100g/3Â½oz unsalted butter
500g/1lb 2oz crÃ¨me fraÃ®che
honey, to serve
1. Make lemon curd by placing egg yolks, sugar, butter, juice and grated rind of lemons in saucepan. Cook over a low heat until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon. Chill. Beat into crÃ¨me fraÃ®che. Place mixture into an ice cream maker.
(If you don't have an ice cream maker, follow the instructions as far as adding the crÃ¨me fraÃ®che - then put the mixture in a tupperware box and put into the freezer. Every twenty minutes take it out and give it a thorough stir until it reaches ice cream consistency.)
2. To serve, melt 1 tbsp honey. Drizzle around scoops of the ice cream.
Lemon curd souffle
3 free-range eggs, separated
55g/2oz ready-made custard
55g/2oz lemon curd
30-55g/1-2oz caster sugar
butter, to grease
caster sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl. Add the custard and lemon curd and beat to combine.
3. Meanwhile, in a separate clean bowl, whisk the egg whites to form soft peaks.
4. Add the sugar and whisk to form stiff, glossy peaks.
5. Fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture to combine.
6. Grease two ramekins with butter and dust with the caster sugar.
7. Pour the soufflÃ© mixture into the ramekins and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until well risen and golden.
Maureen Said:Vegan recipes using the left over bean curd from home made soy milk?
We Answered:I love frying it and using it in my rice dishes. It's great with toasted sesame seeds and light soy sauce. I love putting it in my homemade hot and sour soups as well.
Have fun and happy cooking :)
Margaret Said:"Beaten curd" in Indian recipes?
We Answered:Well Beaten Curd means u have to beat the plain yogurt.Or u can use ur grinder to beat the curd(yogurt) just put the desired quantity of yogurt in the grinder & switch it on for 2min. & ur beaten curd (Yogurt) is ready.
CURD means Yogurt.
Leslie Said:I bought lemon curd by accident instead of honey any recipes?
We Answered:Here are some links to recipes..
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/â€¦ (scroll down for recipes using lemon curd)