Lloyd Said:does anyone have a recipe using cantaloupe, either a pudding or casserole?
We Answered:I couldn't find anything else that looked appetizing. . .
3 cups cubed cantaloupe
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (18.25 ounce) package white
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the cantaloupe, lemon juice, sugar, flour, 2 tablespoons melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Transfer to a 9 inch square baking dish, and spread the dry cake mix evenly over the top. Drizzle the remaining melted butter over the cake mix.
3. Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown.
Cantaloupe Bread with Praline Glaze
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups cantaloupe - peeled,
seeded and pureed
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup butter
1 2/3 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, vegetable, sugar, vanilla and cantaloupe. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger. Stir flour mixture into cantaloupe mixture; stir to combine. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean. Meanwhile, combine margarine and brown sugar. Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring at 1 minute intervals; mix in pecans. Pour sauce over warm bread. Let cool for 1 hour before serving.
Lawrence Said:What are some good recipes to use Watermelon with?
We Answered:cubed watermelon,thinly sliced red onions,salt and pepper and raspberry vinaigrette....
don't let the onions fool you,this salad is sweet and fresh and a huge hit at the hotel I worked at
We Answered:Well I like to make the Cantaloupe Freezie. I'll show you how
1 c. chopped cantaloupe
1 c. orange juice
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 c. crushed ice
3 tbsp. sugar
Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
It is really good. If you don't like that I know a website where I got it from. I also know other websites. go ahead try them out.
Corey Said:How much is 2 cups of cantaloupe?
We Answered:2 cups of cubed cantaloupe is probably one small wedge of a cantaloupe (like 1/8th of it). For your 8 cups, one cantaloupe should be more than enough depending on the size of the cantaloupe.
Hope that helps.
Perry Said:Who knows any good cantaloupe recipes?
We Answered:Watermelon and Cantaloupe Salad with Mint Vinaigrette
1 bunch fresh mint, chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice, from about 1 lemon
1/4 cup simple syrup, recipe follows
1/8 teaspoon amaretto
2 cups watermelon balls, from about half a watermelon
2 cups cantaloupe balls, from about 1 cantaloupe
In a blender, combine mint, lemon juice, simple syrup, and amaretto. Blend until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine the watermelon and the cantaloupe. Add the vinaigrette and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
1/2 cup water
1 cup sugar
In a saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved. Take pan off heat and cool the syrup. Any extra cooled syrup can be saved in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Honeydew and Cantaloupe in Vanilla Lime Syrup
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/3 cup water
2 limes, zest removed in strips with a vegetable peeler
1 vanilla bean, split
4 cups 3/4 to 1-inch honeydew melon balls (from one 5-pound melon)
4 cups 3/4 to 1-inch cantaloupe melon balls (from one 5-pound melon)
Garnish: whipped cream and freshly grated lime zest
In a small saucepan simmer syrup ingredients, stirring, until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat, add split vanilla bean, and cool syrup completely.
Discard zest and vanilla bean. Syrup may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
Just before serving, in a medium bowl combine melon balls with syrup and divide mixture among 6 martini glasses. Top each serving with a generous dollop of cream and garnish with grated zest.
Billy Said:Does anybody have a recipe for Cantaloupe/Basil popsicles?
â– 1 small Cantaloupe
â– 1/3 cup Honey
â– 1 tsp. Fresh basil leaves
â– 1 Lemon
Cut the cantaloupe in half, remove the seeds and peel. Puree the flesh in a food processor together with the honey. Add the finely chopped basil leaves. Squeeze the lemon and add its juice to taste. Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds and leave in the freezer for 1 hour or until they begin to set. Arrange the popsicle sticks in the middle and put back in the refrigerator until completely frozen. Alternatively, you can add some low fat yogurt or milk to the mixture for a more creamy texture.