Bread Crumbs Recipes
Ruby Said:This recipes calls for bread crumbs.....http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Oven-Baked-Potato-Wedges/Detail.aspx?
We Answered:You can buy them or make them - just put dry bread in a blender or food processor.
IN the store they are usually near the bread.
Katrina Said:Anyone know any mac and cheese recipes using bread crumbs AND tomatoes (canned) Please!?
We Answered:Sorry for your loss...try this one on for size
* 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) raw elbow macaroni
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 can (28-oz/796-mL) diced tomatoes
* 1 cup (250 mL) cubed sharp Cheddar cheese
* 1 cup (250 mL) water
* 1 tsp. (5 mL) salt
* 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) black pepper
* 1 tbsp. (15 mL) butter
* 1 cup (250 mL) bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease an 8-cup (2-L) ovenproof casserole with a lid.
2. In the prepared casserole, combine macaroni, onion, tomatoes, cheese, water, salt and pepper and stir to combine well. Place the lid on the casserole and bake for 1 hour, opening the oven and giving the mixture a stir about halfway through the baking time.
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add bread crumbs and cook, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crumbs are lightly toasted.
4. After the casserole has baked for 1 hour, remove the lid and sprinkle the buttered crumbs over top. Return to the oven, place under the broiler element and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until browned.
Connie Said:What do with bread crumbs I need recipes..?
We Answered:Sprinkle them over any casserole, and dot with little pieces of butter for a crunchy topping. If you just have the breadcrumbs, and didn't add any flavorings, you can use them for dessert toppings too: just mix them with oats, and proceed as you would with any crumble or streusel topping.
Also, you can use them to bread any you might pan-fry: fish, chicken-fried steak, chicken nuggets.
Or you can use them as a thickener for soups, as you might use hominy grits to thicken chili. It works as a great binder for meatloaf, as you mentioned, or burgers.
Patricia Said:i would like to stuff some squid tubes any recipes using bread crumbs?thanks?
We Answered:Here are a few choices:
http://www.cookingindex.com/recipes/5433â€¦ I'm sure you can leave out the shrimp if you don't want it.
Rachel Said:I love Calamari but I can never get the bread crumbs to stick...any recipes would be appreciated!?
We Answered:Do an egg wash first and the crumbs will stick just fine or egg wash and mix a little flour with the bread crumbs or add some cornmeal to the bread crumbs then do the egg wash. Good Luck
Kristina Said:Are there any recipes for baked Mac& cheese made with nothing but bread crumbs,milk, and eggs?
We Answered:I know of a similar baked Mac n cheese recipe. My granny used to make it with bread crumbs.
I don't have exact measurements, because she never wrote down any recipes, it was just a dash of this and pinch of that sort of thing when she was in the kitchen, but it ALWAYS tasted fantastic!
Here's my approximation of her recipe.
3 cups cooked macaroni noodles.
1/2 cup milk or cream
1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (or cheese that you like)
beat the egg with the milk and pour it over the cooked pasta. mix in the cheese (holding out a bit for the top)until it's distributed then mix in about 3/4 of the breadcrumbs until they are fully mixed in. pour mixture into a buttered casserole dish and top with reserved breadcrumbs and cheese. It'll be a little runny, but after it bakes it'll be wonderful!